Sean Clancy, Paper Trails columnist PINSONMANSHIP Most Saturdays, 16-year-old Grayson Pinson can be found at his table near the produce-selling vendors in the farmers market at the Little Rock River Market. Grayson, founder and sole employee of Porcupine Pens, makes wooden and acrylic pens. “I made my first pen about two or three years ago,” the Little Rock native says on a recent Saturday morning as a few looky-loo shoppers investigate his wares. Some of his pens are crafted from Arkansas-sourced wood — crepe myrtle, cedar, etc. Others come from wood he buys online that is dyed with striped patterns of bright colors. Lately he’s branched out with a series of acrylic models. Prices are $15 for wood and $30 for acrylic. “My favorite is a pen I made out of birch from a tree right next to my house,” says Grayson, whose parents are James and Tanya Pinson. “The one I like to work with the most is olive because that’s a really smooth, nice wood.” Part of the fun, he says, is taking raw material and quickly creating something functional. “You can take wood from any tree and make it look the way you want it to look…. Read full this story
- Tiger Woods Pays Emotional Tribute to Kobe Bryant at Genesis Invitational
- How did they get into Britain? Chilean gang behind £33,000 jewellery raid on TV chef Marcus Wareing's £5m London home are 'burglary tourists' wanted over a catalogue of serious crimes
- Insulin Pens - Types, Advantages & How To Use
- The Masters: Tiger Woods roars to one-shot win in final-day Augusta epic
- François Fillon is as big a threat to liberal values as Marine Le Pen
- Inside the Mind of Marine Le Pen by Michel Eltchaninoff review – the same racist far right
- Tiger Woods mulling details of proposed lucrative global golf tour
- Elin Nordegren and Tiger Woods: Everything to Know About Their Split
- Jordyn Woods Celebrates 'Best Friend' Jaden Smith's 21st Birthday Alongside His Dad Will
- 'I am angry and sad she found herself in that place': Russell Brand pens impassioned tribute to tragic Caroline Flack... as he brands the late star 'a lovely little person, a laugh, a dynamo'
Pen maker turns wood into wares have 365 words, post on www.arkansasonline.com at July 14, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.