Associated Press Published 5:43 AM EDT Jul 14, 2019 Sylvania, Ohio — Sei Young Kim shot a 5-under 66 on Saturday in the Marathon Classic to take a one-stroke lead over Lexi Thompson into the final round. Kim had seven birdies and two bogeys in gusty conditions to reach 16-under 197 at Highland Meadows Golf Club. “It was a little tough to judge the distance,” Kim said. “Wind very gusty, on and off.” The South Korean player won the LPGA MEDIHEAL Championship in May in California for her eighth tour title. MARATHON CLASSIC LIVE SCORING “Tomorrow, I play with Lexi Thompson, one of my favorite players,” Kim said. “I’m very exciting play with her. … I’m very confident right now. Play same as last three days.” Thompson made a 20-foot eagle putt on the par-5 18th for a 65. She won the ShopRite LPGA Classic last month in New Jersey for her 11th tour title. “It was a lot windier today,” Thompson said. “A little bit different direction, but not a big difference. It was just gusty. … It was a little bit more to deal with and then firmer greens in the afternoon, but it was a good test.”… Read full this story
- Lexi Thompson: Marathon Classic is 'one of our best tournaments'
- Sei Young Kim shatters LPGA scoring records, wins by 9 shots
- Golf: Sei Young Kim shatters LPGA scoring record in 9-shot victory
- Lexi Thompson Takes a 3-Shot Lead at the CME Group Tour Championship
- Marathon Classic field brings international flair to Toledo area
- Kim Sei-young wins Thornberry crown in historic style
- Kim Sei-young Breaks LPGA Scoring Record to Win Thornberry Creek Classic
- Fore! pack: Our picks for the Marathon Classic
- Lots of winners — again — in LPGA ahead of Marathon Classic
- CME Group Tour Championship: Lexi Thompson, Ariya Jutanugarn big winners again in Naples
Sei Young Kim leads Lexi Thompson by one at Marathon Classic have 302 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at July 14, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.