Spurs unlikely to sign Trippier replacement Tottenham are unlikely to sign a replacement for right-back Kieran Trippier, who is close to completing a £20million move to Atletico Madrid. With the rest of the squad departing for Singapore for the start of Spurs’ pre-season tour this afternoon, Trippier has travelled to the Spanish capital to sign for Atleti, ending his four-year stay in London. The 28-year-old has been Spurs’ first choice right-back since the sale of Kyle Walker to Manchester City two years ago, and he made 38 appearances in all competitions last season, including starting the Champions League Final defeat to Liverpool. Spurs are also open to offers for Serge Aurier, their other senior right-back, but the Ivorian is expected to stay and compete for a starting place with Kyle Walker-Peters and Juan Foyth. Walker-Peters, 22, has made just nine starts in the previous two seasons but Spurs turned down approaches from Crystal Palace and German club RB Leipzig this summer and boss Mauricio Pochettino wants him to challenge to be first-choice right-back this season. Spurs admire Norwich’s Max Aarons but do not see value in the Canaries’ asking price of more than £20m for the 19-year-old and they are… Read full this story
- Cristiano Ronaldo Coming Back To Man Utd For £55m?
- For The Love Of Man Utd, This Man Changed His Name To... Law Man United Dick
- Barca, Chelsea reach last 16 as Man Utd loses
- PSG, Bayern reach last 16 as Man Utd edges closer
- Pogba completes world record Man Utd return
- FIFA clears Man Utd, targets Juve over Pogba deal
- Morata, Lukaku seek return to form as Chelsea faceS Man Utd
- Mocked Martial becomes Man Utd’s FA Cup charm
- Queiroz, from Man Utd enforcer to Mr World Cup
- Man Utd complete £31M signing of Lindelof
Transfer news: Neymar to Man Utd plus rumours and gossip have 301 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at July 17, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.