An expert has revealed the clever tricks to make your fruit and vegetables and fruit, and what to avoid when storing the green stuff. Vlatka Lake, working for storage company Space-Station.co.uk, told Femail that a common mistake people make, is to store their bananas near other fruits, causing them to go off faster. She also advised that excess water left on fruit after washing will shorten their shelf life in the fridge, and it is advisable to wrap them in kitchen roll when storing. And sharing a savvy hack, she revealed how chopping up herbs and placing them in an ice cube with oil would help keep them fresh for longer, and allow them to be used for cooking at a later date. Sharing a savvy hack, the expert revealed how chopping up herbs and placing them in an ice cube with oil would help keep them fresh for longer. Stock image Keep fruit and veg separate Keeping fruits and vegetables stored too closely together is a common mistake that can lead to food going bad. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next What YOUR breakouts say about your health: Face-mapping… Michelin-starred chef Jason Atherton is branded a ‘bully’ by… Share this… Read full this story
- Homemade fresh fruit ice-cream
- Ice Cube gets Hollywood star, thanks all 'who helped me get here'
- Bản in : Vietnamese choose fresh fruit over other snacks
- Fruit, veg exports reach US$2.53 billion in eight months
- Experts warn about harm of Chinese fruits with preservatives
- Experts warn of hack attacks on banks
- Fresh fruit and vegetable exports benefit from technical assistance programme
- Russian military experts share stories of wartime in Vietnam
- Experts share updates on prevention, control of infections
- US experts share fair competition experience in int'l trade
Expert shares clever hacks for making fresh fruit and veg last longer - including wrapping cucumbers and freezing herbs for ice cubes have 295 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 8, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.