Adriana Gomez Licon and Ellis Rua Associated Press Published 8:53 PM EDT Aug 30, 2019 Miami – Hurricane Dorian powered toward Florida with increasing fury Friday, menacing its eastern coast with a potentially devastating direct hit but giving indications it might deliver just a glancing blow as it marches up the coastline. Forecasters warned that no one is out of danger and Dorian could still wallop the state with “extremely dangerous” 140 mph (225 kph) winds and torrential rains late Monday or early Tuesday, with millions of people in the crosshairs, along with Walt Disney World and President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort. It’s growing in intensity, but some of the more reliable computer models predicted a turn northward that would have Dorian hug the coast, the National Hurricane Center said. “There is hope,” Weather Underground meteorology director Jeff Masters said. The faint, encouraging signs came at the end of a day in which Dorian seemed to get scarier with each forecast update. It strengthened into a Category 4 hurricane, and there were fears it could prove to be the most powerful hurricane to hit Florida’s east coast in nearly 30 years. Late Friday, the National Hurricane Center’s projected new track showed… Read full this story
- Forecasters Expect Hurricane Dorian to Spare Florida Direct Hit as Bahamas Brace for Storm
- Florida Braces for Hurricane Dorian: Governor Expands State of Emergency to all 67 Counties
- E-Scooters Pulled From Miami Streets to Avoid 'Scooternado' During Hurricane Dorian
- Hurricane Dorian Slams North Carolina With High Winds, Storm Surge
- Hurricane Dorian victim Howard Armstrong finally gets his wife's body
- Healing Crystals, Hurricane Dorian, and a $14,000 Gamer Chair: Best Gizmodo Stories of the Week
- Terrifying moment man is attacked by a shark second after diving into water while spearfishing off Florida coast
- Despite Hurricane Dorian, Disney World's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge draws 'thousands'
- Hurricane Dorian death toll in Bahamas expected to rise: UN official
- Tropical Storm Nestor Leaves Path of Damage in Florida Panhandle
Hurricane Dorian grows to Category 4; might skirt Florida coast have 326 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at August 30, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.