Staff reports Published 12:05 am CDT, Sunday, August 25, 2019 A pair of first-half goals by Carli Lloyd lifted Sky Blue FC to a 2-1 National Women’s Soccer League victory over the Houston Dash 2-1 on Saturday night in front of 4,102 at BBVA Stadium. The former Dash forward scored in the 26th minute and again in the 41st. The Dash pulled a goal back in the fourth minute of stoppage time through an effort from captain Kealia Ohai, but her strike proved to be virtually the final touch of the match as referee Natalie Simon blew her whistle after the ensuing kickoff. The Dash outshot Sky Blue 18-13, including a 7-4 edge in shots on goal, and had 21 crosses to Sky Blue’s 6, but found themselves unlucky to not score through the first 93 minutes of play. Lloyd’s first goal came when she punched in a low centering pass from forward Jennifer Hoy. Houston nearly responded in the 43rd minute when a header from Dash forward Rachel Daly hit the crossbar. Houston midfielder Kristie Mewis served a cross off of a corner kick that Daly found in the air. Daly snapped a headed shot toward goal, beating Sky Blue… Read full this story
- Coventry City 2 Oxford United 1: Checkatrade triumph a welcome day in the sun for long-suffering Sky Blues fans
- Why Is the Sky Blue?
- Reilly’s OT goal lifts Maple Leafs over Ducks 2-1
- Sydney FC beats Melbourne Victory in A-League grand final penalty shootout
- Sydney FC break A-League points record in win over Newcastle Jets FC
- ISL: FC Goa Go Top Of Points Table With 3-0 Win Over Odisha FC
- Eichel scores twice, Sabres top Blues 5-2
- Dubois’ goal in 3rd helps Blue Jackets beat Red Wings 5-3
- Columbus visits Pittsburgh after Atkinson’s 2-goal game
- Brayden Schenn signs eight-year extension with Blues
Lloyd’s two goals lift Sky Blue FC over Dash have 310 words, post on www.chron.com at August 24, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.