Just because your lust for travel is bigger than your budget doesn’t mean you can’t wander the streets of a faraway destination. Just pull up Google Maps on your PC or phone and start your search. While you can check out maps from everywhere on Earth, the Street View and Photo Sphere tools let you digitally roam virtually anywhere. To explore on your PC, first make sure you’re in satellite mode. Click and drag the little yellow person in the bottom right of the screen to any blue highlighted spot on the map. On your phone, just tap the photo in the bottom left and Maps will “drop” you into your chosen location. Here are 10 unique places to explore in Google Maps: Roswell It’s unlikely you’ll spot any little green men if you drop into Roswell, New Mexico, but who knows? Roswell looks more residential than Area 51 (the actual site, not the tourist spots). Unfortunately, you can only zoom in so far on Area 51, and you can’t drop the little yellow person anywhere. It does turn into a UFO when you try though. Some 2 million Facebook users planned to raid the facility, but the event was removed earlier this month. Pripyat,… Read full this story
- Mozilla three years later: Is Firefox in a better place?
- Google celebrates 15 years of its biggest product: You
- Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft is a 'lost' girl turned action hero
- Inside Fujitsu's cloud-powered farm of the future
- Pokémon Go: An AR marketing experiment with monster potential
- Microsoft Windows Phone 7 technical preview: A definitive guide
- Ride Review: The 2016 Honda Africa Twin Is Exactly What We’ve Been Waiting For
- What We've Learned About Being Good Airbnb Hosts After Nine Months
- A Drive Through The End Of The World
- A scientific formula for popularity on Digg, YouTube
- AR and VR: The future of work and play?
- How voice recognition will change the world
- Say command: How speech recognition will change the world
- The dream of fellowship for software developers and IT operators
- Guiding light
- 2012 mega predictions round-up
- Surprisingly Real Talk From A Top Man At EA
15 most interesting places to explore in Google Maps have 342 words, post on www.cnet.com at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.