Jurgen Klopp has lavished praise upon a ‘really exciting’ Chelsea team that he has described as reminiscent of his two-time Bundesliga-winning Borussia Dortmund side. After being hit with a transfer ban resulting from an investigation into their signing of foreign under-18 players, the Blues have pivoted to a youth-first approach with club legend Frank Lampard at the helm. That has seen academy starlets Tammy Abraham, Fikayo Tomori and Mason Mount emerge as key men during a start to the season that has brought two wins, three draws and two defeats. And Klopp has been impressed by what he has seen from a side that reminds him of the similarly youthful Dortmund outfit that he led to glory prior to arriving at Anfield. Speaking ahead of Liverpool’s trip to the capital on Sunday, the German said: “It’s a really exciting team. It reminds me a little bit of my team at Dortmund years back. They were really young and people always spoke about that, but they only played because they were that good. “Chelsea brought in Pulisic in the summer, I don’t know about the money but it was 50-60m? All the players around him now have the same value. Tammy… Read full this story
- Chelsea transfer ban lifted: Which players could they sign in January?
- Chelsea star Ruben Loftus-Cheek reveals he has had to learn to WALK again after snapping achilles and spending five months out
- Watch hilarious moment John Terry is forced to apologise to Chelsea star Mateo Kovacic after crushing his hand in shake
- Frank Lampard excited for Champions League managerial bow as he prepares by imparting wisdom to young Chelsea stars
- Jose Mourinho sacking left Chelsea stars ‘in pieces’ with Didier Drogba crying
- You’ve been pronouncing Chelsea star N’Golo Kante’s name wrong all this time
- 'Van Dijk deserved Ballon d'Or,' says Klopp
- Indian chess federation is anti-player, says world body vice-president Nigel Short
- 49ers player says he’s not losing sleep over Ravens’ Lamar Jackson
- Star Wars’ Billy Dee Williams Says He Sees Himself as Both ‘Masculine and Feminine’
Chelsea stars Abraham and Mount already £60m players, says Klopp have 355 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.