Chinese nabbed for qualified theft
A Chinese was arrested on Wednesday night for allegedly transfering money to a dummy bank account.
Police identified the suspect as Jie Liu, finance officer of Fly Asian International Corporation at Andrew’s Ave. Barangay 183 Villamor Pasay City.
According to a report from Pasay City police, Lamberto Lauengco, corporate secretary of the company investigated and found out that 286,807 Chinese Yuan or around P2 million was transferred to a suspicious bank account.
Lauengco confronted the suspect for clarification but he tried to escape.
The suspect, who is detained at the Pasay police, will be charged with qualified theft. JAN ARCILLA
- Vettel snatches pole with late dash
- Exam in English Adds to China Finance Industry Barriers Falling
- CA affirms legality of National Press Club sale of Manansala mural
- Dealing With China’s High-Tech Ambitions
- Double jeopardy clause a protection from endless litigation
- 2018 Chinese GP: Kimi Raikkonen comments after P2 in qualifying
- 2018 Chinese Grand Prix, Qualifying: live results and updates
- 2018 Chinese GP: Sebastian Vettel comments after P1 in qualifying
- Cameras with facial recognition help nab Chinese suspect in 60,000 concert crowd
- Chinese authorities nab fugitive in a crowd of 60k thanks to facial recognition AI