U.S. Donald Trump Impeachment Congress The future of Donald Trump’s presidency is more uncertain than ever after the House of Representatives officially launched an impeachment inquiry last week amid reports that he pressured a foreign leader to investigate a political rival. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the inquiry on September 24th following reports that Trump tried to coerce Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter. It’s also been reported that Trump threatened to suspend military aid to Ukraine for not looking into the matter, though the White House has denied such reports. The controversial communication was first revealed in an intelligence whistleblower complaint, which alleged Trump was “using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election.” “The President must be held accountable. No one is above the law,” Pelosi said in a press conference announcing the inquiry. “Actions taken to date by the President have seriously violated the Constitution.” Trump acknowledged that he and Zelensky discussed the Bidens, but has denied any wrongdoing. A rough transcript of their July 25th phone call released by the White House does not show an explicit quid… Read full this story
- House Dems to Trump Lawyer Giuliani: Give It Up, Rudy!
- Nancy Pelosi says she will NOT hold an immediate House vote on impeachment in line with White House demands and says: 'We're not here to call bluffs. We're here to find the truth'
- What 2020 Candidates Said About Impeachment at the Democratic Debate
- Obstruction Case is Building, Democrat Says: Impeachment Update
- Warren: Impeachment Necessary Because Trump Broke the Law ‘Over and Over’
- Sen. Warren: Impeachment 'Bigger Than Politics'
- Democrats kick off fourth debate with call for Trump impeachment
- Joe Biden is Democrat sacrifice to save Obama legacy
Donald Trump Impeachment Inquiry: What Happens Next? have 298 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 30, 2019. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.