PUBLISHED: 10:30 12 September 2019
Rugby World Cup 2003 Winner Jason Robinson
PA Archive/PA Images
Virtual tackle body suit gives you the chance to feel the force
If you think you could live with the best that rugby union has to offer than there is a chance for you to feel the force on Friday.
As the Rugby World Cup in Japan kicks into life, you could get into the spirit coming face-to-face with icons of the game Chris Robshaw, Maggie Alphonsi and Jason Robinson.
You may also want to watch:
Contactless Tackle is on Friday, September 13 organised by principal sponsors Mastercard.
They will unveil a new virtual reality experience allowing fans to feel the real power of a professional tackle, using a first of its kind body suit calibrated to give the wearer the sensation of a professional rugby tackle.
The event, launching in the run-up to the first match of the Rugby World Cup, will start at noon and run until 7pm on Friday.
The experience is open to anyone over the age of 16 willing to give it a try at the venue in Exchange Square in London, close to Liverpool Street station.
- Christian Wade gets NFL chance with Buffalo just six months after quitting rugby
- Rugby’s developing nations still treated with contempt by top tier
- New Zealand Rugby Player's Family Performs Haka For Him After He Makes His Debut
- Hong Kong Sevens: When rugby goes crowd surfing
- Wallabies captain soaring towards a record-breaking rugby century
- Jones continues tributes to Randwick legend Sayle
- Tagir fights to put Russia rugby on the map
- The Latest: SA Rugby starts ‘internal process’ over Etzebeth
- Irish Rugby's Mike McCarthy: Please Specify That It Is I Who Should Not Be Coaching The Green Bay Packers
- Waratahs chief set to leave for role with Super Rugby rival