LOS ANGELES — Chelsea Gray had 21 points and eight assists, Candace Parker added 11 points, 10 rebounds and six assists, and the Los Angeles Sparks beat Seattle 92-69 on Sunday to eliminate the defending-champion Storm from the WNBA playoffs. No. 3 seed Los Angeles advance to play second-seeded Connecticut, which earned a double-bye to the semifinals. The best-of-five series begins Tuesday in Connecticut. The WNBA said that they will pay for charter flights for the winners of the second round games to fly east so that the teams can have a full day to prepare for the first game of the semifinals. Natasha Howard gave the Storm their first lead since early in the second quarter with a 3-pointer that made it 56-55 with 3:11 left in the third but Parker answered with a layup, Gray hit a pull-up jumper and, after a short basket by Seattle’s Jewell Loyd, the Sparks scored 21 of the next 24 points to pull away for good.Nneka Ogwumike scored 17 points and Riquna Williams added 11 for the… Read full this story
- Sparks beat Lynx, move within win of consecutive WNBA titles
- Fowles grabs 17 boards, Lynx beat Sparks 70-68
- Why solar storms from space may blind and strand whales
- More than 50,000 residents in Sydney's affluent north shore could be without power for a WEEK after horror storms sparked outages
- Mark Wahlberg is dapper in dove gray suit and striped tie at LA premiere for his new film Spenser Confidential
- Combat hair fall, dandruff, and gray hair with Amla Hair oil
- Oti Mabuse puts on a busty display in a purple sequinned co-ord as she wows during The Greatest Dancer semi-final... as Hannah and Brothers of Dance are eliminated
- Fire tornadoes and dry lightning are just the start of the nightmare when a bushfire creates its own storm
- Half an hour of horror: Water bursts through the ceiling of a Woolworths supermarket as ferocious 30-minute storm batters Perth - downing trees on top of cars and sparking bushfires
- Can collective bargaining help AFLW players mix the need to earn an income with elite sport demands?
Gray, Parker help Sparks eliminate Storm, advance to semis have 347 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at September 15, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.