Inmate stabs Muntinlupa prison guard
AN inmate stabbed a prison guard inside the maximum security compound of the National Bilibid Prisons (NBP) in Muntinlupa City on Thursday morning.
PCol. Gerardo Umayao confirmed the incident and said that investigators were sent to the crime scene.
He also said that the guard was brought to the NBP hospital.
Umayao refused to give more details and said that the NBP was coordinating with the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor). JAN ARCILLA
- Corrections officer killed by inmate at Stillwater prison
- New York inmates sue over prison crackdown on painkillers
- Prison Riot Leaves 7 Dead, 17 Injured in South Carolina
- Echo Yard, where normal prison rules no longer apply
- Guards, inmates and nurses were overcome by an unknown substance at an Ohio prison, officials say
- Prison Employees Face Same Rates of PTSD As War Veterans, New Research Claims
- Oklahoma Watch: Only a handful of prisoners get treatment for deadly disease affecting 10 percent of inmates
- Prisoners around US get access to SSNs
- 12 Mississippi inmates die in custody this month
- Inmates sue for right to printouts