Bayern Munich’s Polish forward Robert Lewandowski (2nd left) celebrates after scoring their second goal against Tottenham during the UEFA Champions League Group B football match. (Glyn KIRK/IKIMAGES/AFP) There were routine wins for Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid, while Cristiano Ronaldo netted in a comfortable Juventus victory, but most of the drama was in north London. The evening started well for Spurs as Son Heung-min fired across Manuel Neuer and into the far corner to give Mauricio Pochettino’s team the lead against Bayern. However, the German champions came roaring back to leave Spurs on the receiving end of the biggest ever home defeat for an English team in Europe. It was the first time they had ever conceded seven goals in a home game. Two super strikes from Joshua Kimmich and Robert Lewandowski had Bayern ahead at the break and Gnabry, the former Arsenal winger, then scored two goals two minutes apart to make it four early in the second half. Harry Kane reduced the arrears from the penalty spot, but Gnabry ran through to complete his hat-trick on 83 minutes and he smacked in the seventh goal after Lewandowski had netted his second of the evening. Gnabry is… Read full this story
- Rumour Has It: Dest turns down Bayern for Barcelona, Spurs making Skriniar move
- It's English Premier League Transfer Deadline Day, But Have Manchester United Left It Too Late?
- Premier League: Manchester City 1-1 Liverpool: De Bruyne miss costly as heavyweights battle to a draw
- Premier League: West Brom 0-1 Tottenham: Kane snatches victory for sluggish Spurs
- Muller on potential Germany recall: Everyone can see I'm in good shape!
- Klopp says Liverpool ‘on fire’ as they chase double
- Lazio 1-1 Juventus: Caicedo's last-gasp goal denies Ronaldo and Bianconeri
Bayern Munich thrash Tottenham 7 2 in Champions League have 290 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 1, 2019. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.