By Matt Feld | [email protected] | Boston Herald October 12, 2019 at 6:52 pm As Owen McGowan rumbled forward for the game-clinching first down for Catholic Memorial, freshman JC Petrongolo pumped his fists three times and then held them in the air. The early nerves had turned into pure jubilation. Filling in for injured quarterback Barrett Pratt, Petrongolo had a day to remember going 11-of-19 for 267 yards and four touchdowns as the top-ranked Knights defeated Catholic Conference rival St. John’s Prep, 34-32, Saturday afternoon at Glatz Field. The win represents the first road victory for Catholic Memorial over St. John’s Prep since 2008. “My teammates had my back. I trusted them and they trusted me,” Petrongolo said. “I was a little nervous to start off. Fumbled a bit in warmups. But once the first drive ended I was back to normal and ready to go.” The fourth quarter was nothing short of invigorating with the two sides trading score-for-score and coming through with acrobatic plays to keep the full house on hand enthralled. Ahead 21-19 as the final frame began, the Knights (6-0, 1-0) were able to get some breathing room as Petrongolo connected with Zach Mitchell (three TDs,… Read full this story
- Live Updates: Vladimir Putin Holds Large Annual News Conference in Moscow
- Russian President Vladimir Putin to Hold Annual Big Press Conference Friday
- Russian President Vladimir Putin to Hold Annual Big Press Conference Thursday
- Catholic Church spent $10.6 million to lobby against legislation that would benefit victims of child sex abuse
- Nosek helps Vegas get first regulation win over Wild, 3-2
- DG ISPR to hold important press conference shortly
- For Steelers-Jets Matchup, ‘Have To Look At Turnovers,’ Says SportsLine’s Larry Hartstein
- Catholic priest Father Kevin Dillon AM says the rules of confession aren't in the Bible. Is he correct?
- Catholic Church won't break confessional seal on child abuse, despite royal commission
- NA leader hails contributions of Catholics solidarity committee
CM holds off Prep in wild Catholic Conference matchup have 324 words, post on www.bostonherald.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.