Benjamin Styron made three field goals, Ryan Kirkendall scored on an interception return and Division II-member Missouri S&T beat Texas Southern 23-20 on Saturday.Richard Garcia III, who kicked two field goals for Texas Southern (0-6), missed a 30-yard attempt with 21 seconds remaining in the game.Kirkendall picked off a Devin Williams’ pass and scored from 18-yards out just three minutes into the game. Styron kicked a 32-yard field goal in the first quarter, and hit from 31 and 41 yards in the third to cap the Miners’ scoring. Brennan Simms was 14-of-34 passing for 219 yards, and scored on a 1-yard run late in the third.Dominic Franklin ran for 114 yards on 22 carries and scored twice for Texas Southern. Williams was 25 of 37 for 273 yards passing. Garcia kicked field goals from 45 and 24 yards, both capping long drives.
- High schools: Stark boys’ soccer finds scoring touch late, downs Kearsarge in Division II tourney
- College football preview: Texas Southern at Alcorn State
- Texas Southern rallies for upset in opener at Baylor
- Football game against Texas Southern should be a learning opportunity
- College football preview: Texas Southern at Texas State
- Rap-A-Lot founder James Prince to speak at Texas Southern
- Matt Ryan throws for 379 yards as Falcons beat Giants 23-20
- Ryan throws for 379 yards, Falcons beat Giants 23-20
- NHIAA Football: Competitive at the top in Division II
- Division II players hardly second-rate in NFL
Division II's Missouri S&T beats Texas Southern 23-20 have 234 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.