India finished the day on top after taking three wickets late on Day 2 against South Africa. © Twitter Mayank Agarwal was the star with the bat for India as he converted his maiden Test century into a double hundred in Vizag in today’s match. Agarwal scored 215 that helped India post 502 for seven in the first innings before Virat Kohli declared the innings. South Africa had to bat 20 overs in today’s match but Ravichandran Ashwin picked up two wickets while Ravindra Jadeja removed night-watchman Dane Piedt as South Africa finished the day at 39 for three. South Africa trail India by 463 runs with three days left in the first Test of the three-match series.Earlier in the day, Rohit Sharma, who scored his first century as an opener, went onto score his second highest Test score as he stitched together a 317-run stand for the first wicket.With their massive stand, they (Agarwal and Rohit) surpassed Virender Sehwag and Rahul Dravid to record India’s highest partnership for any wicket against South Africa.Mayank Agarwal, who scored 215, became only the fourth Indian after Karun Nair, Vinod Kambli and Dilip Sardesai to convert his maiden Test hundred into double century.The… Read full this story
- For Hardik Pandya there is no rest day, even amidst lockdown
- On this day: March 27: Sachin Tendulkar walks in as opener for the first time in ODIs
- What's this boss? Dravid asked Iyer when he flirted with danger in last over of a 4-day match
- R Ashwin shines on County debut for Worcestershire, grabs eight wickets in the match
- IN-A vs SA-A Dream11 Team India A vs South Africa A, 1st unofficial Test – Cricket Prediction Tips For Today’s Match IN-A vs SA-A at Thiruvanathapuram
- New Zealand vs India 1st Test Day 4 Highlights: New Zealand Demolish India To Record Their 100th Test Win
- Watch: Mayank Agarwal Showcases Culinary Skills, Prepares "One Awesome Dish"
- Jasprit Bumrah Feels Ravichandran Ashwin Will Be Crucial To India's Cause In 1st Test
- India vs Australia: Ravichandran Ashwin In Doubt, Hardik Pandya Fit For Boxing Day Test
- 'Chef' Mayank Agarwal showcases his culinary skills amid 21-day lockdown--Watch
India vs South Africa 1st Test: Mayank Agarwal, Ravichandran Ashwin Put India In Commanding Position On Day 2 have 346 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.