NEW DELHI: The players’ auction for the next Indian Premier League (IPL) will be held at Kolkata for the first time, on December 19. The West Bengal capital is home to the Kolkata Knight Riders, co-owned by Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan. The auctions have mostly been held in Bengaluru so far. The trading window that is currently open will close on November 14, and all the franchises were informed about it on Monday, according to a report in ‘ESPNCricinfo’. While the franchises were allotted Rs 82 crore each for the IPL 2019, Rs 85 crore have been allocated for the 2020 season. The franchises were originally allotted Rs 85 crore to build their teams for 2020. Every franchise will also have an additional purse of Rs three crore in addition to the balance in their kitties from the last auction. Delhi Capitals have the biggest balance — Rs 8.2 crore, followed by Rajasthan Royals at Rs 7.15 crore and Kolkata Knight Riders at Rs 6.05 crore. This year’s auction is the last one before the franchises disband next year and prepare to assemble fresh squads from 2021 at a mega auction. The glitzy event usually runs between April and… Read full this story
- Detroit will host second 2020 Democratic presidential debate in July
- The can't-miss 2019 calendar for 2020 candidates
- Roy Moore 'Seriously Considering' 2020 Senate Run, Claims 2017 'Was Stolen'
- Tokyo 2020: Chairman of the Japanese Olympic Committee set to quit
- Sen. Susan Collins Gets New Republican Primary Challenger In 2020 Race
- Rep. Tim Ryan (D) Joins 2020 Race - Washington Free Beacon
- Cash, Kings and Kohli: Shane Warne on the IPL's $2.5 billion juggernaut
- IPL results: Latest scores as CSK beat RCB in the Indian Premier League 2019
- When does IPL 2019 start? Full fixture list and key dates for Indian Premier League
- IPL TV channel: What TV channel is Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad on?
Kolkata to host IPL 2020 auction on December 19 have 289 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 1, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.