FARGO, N.D. (AP) – Freshman Trey Lance threw three touchdown passes, two of them to Adam Cofield, and an FCS top-10 showdown never materialized as top-ranked North Dakota State breezed to a 46-14 victory over Northern Iowa, ranked 10th in the FCS Coaches poll, on Saturday. Lance started the Bison (6-0, 2-0 Missouri Valley Football Conference) off and running with two of his TD tosses in the first quarter – a 36-yarder to Phoenix Sproles that saw James Hendricks run it in for a 2-point conversion and a 19-yarder to Christian Watson that put NDSU up 15-0. Northern Iowa (3-3, 1-1) got on the scoreboard in the second quarter when Will McElvain hit Isaiah Weston for a 17-yard scoring strike to cut the Panthers’ deficit to 15-7. After Griffin Crosa kicked a 25-yard field goal for the Bison, UNI scored on Tyler Hoosman’s 6-yard run to get within 18-14 at halftime. NDSU ended any drama by scoring 28 straight points in the second half. Lance’s third TD pass was a 30-yarder to Noah Gindorff in the third quarter for a 25-14 lead. Cofield scored on runs of 1 and 37 yards in the final period and Kobe Johnson capped the… Read full this story
- Elliott's 43-Yard FG Leads Eagles Past Giants 25-22
- Northern Ireland health review says there are too many hospitals
- Northern Ireland doctors call for change in NI health care
- Northern Ireland health reform: 'Tough decisions needed'
- Theresa May faces showdown with DUP allies as top Tories call for abortion to be legalised in Northern Ireland
- Northern Arizona Men Three-Peat, Colorado Women Dominate at Cross-Country Championships
- Democrats Use Iowa Event to Attack Trump — Not Each Other
- As winter looms, Iowa uses snowplow simulator to increase safety
- 7 takeaways from Iowa Democrats' biggest night of the year
- Campaign Credited With Reducing Stillbirths In Iowa Has One Simple Lesson For Expected Moms
Lance leads NDSU past Northern Iowa in showdown have 314 words, post on www.washingtontimes.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.