A Set small text size A Set the default text size A Set large text size With the first rugby league Nines World Cup only days away, anticipation has finally clicked into gear and will play out with exciting action on the field and celebration in the stands of Bankwest Stadium in Sydney’s west. It’s unsurprising that early ticket sales have been sluggish. We are at the end of a long NRL season. The event is being staged in Sydney and we know that residents of the Harbour City don’t like going out for much at all. In fact, you could give sideline seats made of fairy floss and surround the field with a moat of cold, free beer and many patrons would still prefer to sit at home and watch it on the box (or go but complain about the cost of tickets). All codes in Sydney consistently struggle with this problem. The Sydney Swans are the only exception as they are able to reproduce Melbourne sports culture in Sydney. Destination NSW have put real money towards making the Nines a reality and hopefully both the NRL and the RLIF are able to repay that investment and turn this… Read full this story
- Prince Philip Was 'Dazzled by The Sun' in Car Accident
- Blaze Bernstein murder: Was an Ivy League student slain in the name of hate?
- Sea Dogs hire former Major League catcher Joe Oliver as new manager
- Dress Fete fashion design contest kicks off at Canal Place Dec. 7
- Park, Central Ready for CRC
- Ruth Buffalo Wears Traditional Native American Dress For Historical Swearing in Ceremony: 'It’s Part of My Identity'
- Ready for Some "Laverne & Shirley?" Penny Marshall's Favorite Episodes Air on MeTV Sunday
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' return — what to expect on NBC debut
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' returns — what to expect on NBC debut
- West Virginia Ready for Syracuse Challenge
League dressed to the Nines and ready to dazzle have 320 words, post on www.theroar.com.au at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.