News 9 // 12 Oct 2019, 03:30 IST SHARE Memphis Depay will miss Netherlands’ European Championship qualifier against Belarus due to injury.The Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) confirmed Depay’s absence in a statement on Friday.Lyon forward Depay scored twice as Ronald Koeman’s side came from behind to beat Northern Ireland last time out.That win in Rotterdam means Netherlands, Northern Ireland and Germany each have 12 points in Group C, but Koeman will be without the 25-year-old for Sunday’s trip to Minsk.”Memphis Depay will not be traveling with the Dutch national team to Belarus tomorrow,” the KNVB said. ”The Lyon attacker, who was twice on target against Northern Ireland in Rotterdam, is struggling with thigh complaints.”Koeman has not called up a replacement, so he will take a squad of 22 players into the Belarus game.
- It’s looking like the Netherlands aren’t going to qualify for the World Cup
- Portugal 0-3 Netherlands: 5 Talking Points
- A positional switch has changed fortunes for Depay and Lyon
- In-form Depay stars again as 3rd-place Lyon beats Amiens 3-0
- Why the World Cup Qualifier holds extra importance
- How to watch Netherlands vs. Italy online: Live stream, TV channel, time
- Ten players to watch at the World Cup Qualifier
- Depay feeling back to his best at Lyon
- Depay scores again as Lyon 2-0 beats Nantes to go 2nd
- Depay scores again as Lyon beats Nantes to go 2nd in Ligue 1
Netherlands without Depay for Belarus qualifier have 239 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.