PARK FOREST, IL — Rich East High School in Park Forest will close at the end of this school year after the Rich Township High School District 227 board voted Tuesday to move forward with one of the consolidation plans it had been considering for the three schools in the district. The plan also calls for renovating both Rich Central and Rich South high schools. All Rich East students will be moved into Rich Central or Rich South beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, according to the plan. Rich Central is in Olympia Fields and Rich South is in Richton Park. The plan includes making one campus focused primarily on science, technology, engineering and math while the other would focus more on business, communication and the performing arts. “It is never easy to talk about closing a school. However, we know that we must think about the future and remain focused on student achievement and academic growth,” District 227 board President Andrea Bonds said. “Our top priority is to allow the district to operate more efficiently while offering students more options and opportunities.” District 227 Supt. Johnnie Thomas said the consolidation of the three campuses into two will allow the… Read full this story
- What Happens When Actors Leave High-School-TV Shows?
- Hurricane Zeta: EBR schools closing early Wednesday along with other districts, government buildings
- ‘Doesn’t feel fair’: Proposed lottery admissions for S.F.’s elite Lowell High School met with frustration and anger
- Coach O says he chased his dream, advises top Baton Rouge high school graduates to do the same
- Colorado AP high school football poll for Sept. 7, 2016
- Eunice High School temporarily closes over COVID-19 outbreak
- Huge turnout at CT high school football players protest at Capitol, boys chant 'let us play!'
- COVID-19 positive tests among Dutchtown football players cancels Thursday game with East Ascension
- Aces all around: Efficient Parkview Baptist excels in 3-0 victory over East Ascension
- Lafayette Christian's Sage Ryan stays close to home, commits to LSU
Rich East High School To Close Permanently In Park Forest have 322 words, post on patch.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.