News 10 // 15 Oct 2019, 04:20 IST SHARE Portugal and Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo insisted he is not obsessed with breaking records as they come naturally for him after scoring his landmark 700th career goal.Ronaldo bagged a consolation penalty in the second half of Portugal’s 2-1 Euro 2020 qualifying defeat to Ukraine in Kiev on Monday.The 34-year-old superstar made no mistake from 12 yards after Taras Stepanenko was penalised for handling the ball inside the box, but it was not enough for Portugal as they lost for the first time since the 2018 World Cup.Defeat for Portugal at the Olympic Stadium made the occasion bittersweet for Ronaldo, who is now part of an elite list of players to have reached the milestone figure.”Not just anyone can reach this figure,” he told reporters. “Thank you to my team-mates, colleagues and coaches who have helped me to become the player I am.”I am disappointed that we didn’t win, but proud of the team.”Reflecting on his personal achievement, Ronaldo added: “How many records do I have? I don’t know. I have to enjoy the moment and thank those who helped me reach this impressive mark. ”The last time I played at this ground… Read full this story
- Barcelona star Neymar has an amazing goal record at the age of 25… but how does he compare to other Nou Camp heroes?
- Klose deserving of legend status as goal record beckons
- Lionel Messi closes on Cristiano Ronaldo’s Champions League goal record with the race to 100 edges close
- Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has his odds of breaking the Premier League single-season goals record slashed
- Phil Jones backs Wayne Rooney to match Bobby Charlton’s Manchester United goal record against West Ham
- Lionel Messi scores his 500th career goal for club and country — but Barcelona still lose to Valencia
- Hull 1 Arsenal 4: Theo Walcott bags his 100th career goal and Alexis Sanchez’s double sinks ten-man City
- Lionel Messi free kick: Pictures capture moment Argentina captain broke Gabriel Batistuta’s goal record with amazing free-kick
- Harry Kane hat-trick: Tottenham star stuns Stoke with superb first-half treble as he celebrates 100 career goals in style
- Matt Damon reveals he’s ‘decidedly unromantic’ and getting gushy doesn’t come naturally in Valentine’s chat on Good Morning Britain
Ronaldo on 700th career goal: Records come naturally for me have 384 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.