Rockets general manager Daryl Morey tweeted support for Hong Kong protesters, who are trying to maintain and expand their freedoms. China’s economic might has largely spooked people around the NBA from addressing the content of that message. Even Morey backtracked. The only other person I’d seen maybe give a substantive response on the China-Hong Kong issue was Clippers coach Doc Rivers, who said Morey was “right in saying that.” But a Clippers spokesperson later said Rivers was referring to Morey’s right to express himself. Another team official trying to avoid political controversy or a genuine clarification of Rivers’ intent? Impossible to say. But Shaquille O’Neal – an all-time great player, prominent voice on NBA telecasts and (maybe most relevantly here) minority owner of the Sacramento Kings – made himself clear. O’Neal on TNT: We as American people, we do a lot of business in China. And they know and understand our values. And we understand their values. And one of our best values here in America is free speech. We’re allowed to say what we want to say, and we’re allowed to speak up about injustices, and that’s just how it goes. And if people don’t understand that, that’s something… Read full this story
- An unlikely fashion collaboration? Victoria Beckham teams up with basketball star Shaquille O'Neal
- Shaquille O'Neal: LeBron James is a 'legend' and doesn't need more rings to prove it
- Incredible moment basketball legend Shaquille O’Neal is saved when shark breaks into his diving cage
- Shaquille O'Neal: Kobe Bryant is coming back to basketball
- Love Island tattoos explained – from Laura and Adam to new girl Darylle Sargeant, here’s the lowdown on the inkings
- Seadna Morey named in unchanged Clare team for Munster final
- Love Island's Darylle accuses Samira of faking romance with Frankie
- How old is Meghan Trainor, who’s her fiancé Daryl Sabara and what are the No Excuses singer’s hit songs?
- Love Island’s Frankie and Samira are coasting – Darylle
- County Championship: Daryl Mitchell holds up Lancashire with ton for Worcestershire
Shaquille O’Neal: ‘Daryl Morey was right’ have 350 words, post on nba.nbcsports.com at October 24, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.