A Set small text size A Set the default text size A Set large text size It’s not often a team wins 6-0 and the result isn’t the main talking point coming out of the game. Unfortunately in Sofia on Monday night, a small section of Bulgarian fans subjected black English players to racist abuse and Nazi salutes. The burning question is whether the game should’ve been abandoned and what punishment should be handed down to Bulgaria. Raheem Sterling, Tyrone Mings and Marcus Rashford were all subjected to monkey taunts every time they touched the ball, with Mings caught on camera bringing it to the assistant’s attention. In fairness to the officials, they acted quickly and initiated the three-step protocol to deal with these situations. An announcement was made over the PA system and the game was stopped twice in the first half. A group of 40-50 men dressed in black were the instigators of the abuse and they left just before half time. (Photo by Catherine Ivill/Getty Images) In the second half the racist chants died down after their exit but were still audible enough, notably when Jadon Sancho came on as a substitute. Alarmingly in his post-match interview,… Read full this story
- LeBron James sends message to Laura Ingraham at All-Star Game
- Lamar Jackson should send message, not run 40 at combine
- Megan Anderson sends message to Dana White after brutalizing Charmaine Tweet
- The Return of Zo, Arizona Basketball guard Allonzo Trier sends message to fans
- New York Giants: Would releasing Roger Lewis send message to receivers?
- Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly sends message in disciplining key players
- New York Knicks: Kristaps Porzingis Sends Message To Future Opponents
- New England Patriots: Tom Brady, Pats Send Message with Blowout in Miami
- WWE’s Mark Henry Sends Message to Texas Football Target
- Winter Olympics 2018: Lindsey Vonn sends message to Internet trolls after super-G loss
UEFA must send a message after Bulgarian racism storm have 322 words, post on www.theroar.com.au at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.