BOSTON — The New England Patriots have thrived this season thanks to a defense that’s limited the ability of its opponents to get in the end zone and an offense that’s found ways to adjust to injuries. You can add one thing to that list: an ability to be unpredictable. New England disguised a myriad of blitzes to bewilder New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold in its 33-0 win on Monday night . The Patriots also continued to be creative on offense, this time inserting linebacker Elandon Roberts as one of the four fullbacks they used to boost their rushing attack. It has them at 7-0 for the first time since 2015 with just two games left before their bye week. “I think we’re confident, but we’ll have to start all over again. We emptied the tank,” Coach Bill Belichick said. “We’ll have to fill it up for next week and be ready to empty it again next week against Cleveland. That’s the way it is every week in this league.” That matchup with the Browns and quarterback Baker Mayfield will be New England’s third straight against a quarterback in his first or second season. Recent results tilt the odds… Read full this story
- Patriots dominant but far from perfect
- Super Bowl LIII highlights: Rams win coin toss, Patriots will start with the ball
- Five most dominant starts in F1 history
- Boys basketball: Hargrave Falcons off to a dominant start in non-district play
- Power defends race start after criticism from other drivers
- Jason Wolf: Tom Brady wasn't good, but Patriots dominate Bills once again
- Pick Six Podcast: Super Bowl recap, Patriots' dominant 'D,' should a defensive player have won MVP?
- Patriots dominate the Chiefs in the first quarter but lead only 7-0
- Rams’, Patriots’ punters started together as Oregon State walk-ons
- Mercedes record most dominant start in F1 history in Baku
Unpredictability, flexibility power Patriots to dominating 7-0 start have 321 words, post on www.pressherald.com at October 22, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.