BOILING SPRINGS, N.C. (AP) — Kalen Whitlow threw three touchdown passes, including a game-winning 3-yard toss to Izaiah Gathings in the third quarter to spark Gardner-Webb’s 35-27 Big South Conference win over Hampton on Saturday afternoon. A graduate transfer from Tennessee State who did not earn a start until he arrived in Boiling Springs, Whitlow hit Jayln Cagle with a 45-yard score in the first quarter and Devron Harper for a 70-yard score in the second. The Runnin’ Bulldogs (3-3, 1-0) took a 28-24 lead after Gathings’ short touchdown grab. Evan Lomax connected on a 37-yard field goal to start the fourth quarter to cut the Hampton deficit to one, 28-27. Jordan Smith came on to fire a 38-yard scoring pass to Gathings to set the final score. Whitlow was 12 of 22 for 352 yards passing and Harper grabbed four receptions for 187 yards. Gathings had four catches for 93 yards. The Bulldogs managed just 55 yards on the ground. Deondre Francois was 29-of-51 passing for 357 yards for Hampton (3-3, 0-1). KeyRon Catlett had seven catches for 110 yards and Shai McKenzie 20 carries for 147 yards and two touchdowns.
- Claude sparks Morehead State past SIU-Edwardsville 58-49
- Quisenberry sparks Youngstown State past IUPUI 91-76
- Cooper Webb is back with first 2020 win at San Diego
- Corona del Mar 35, Serra 27: Pushups, punches, heroes, records and friendships, old and new
- Has Budget 2020 imposed 10% TDS on capital gains from mutual fund units also?
- Akzo Nobel, TD Power up 5-12% on robust Q3 earnings
- Smriti Mandhana leads from front as India women stroll past Aussies
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Creator Ava DuVernay & Showrunner Anthony Sparks On Season 4 Finale, #BlackJoy & What’s Next
- Charity bids for Labour MP Tracy Brabin's £35 off-the-shoulder dress that sparked outrage when she wore it in the Commons reach £13,000 on eBay
- Stay-at-home mum's extensive housework list sparks a furious debate on Facebook - with some accusing her of living a '50s lifestyle'
Whitlow 3 TDs spark Gardner-Webb past Hampton, 35-27 have 319 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.