Attorney General William Barr said Monday that the federal prosecutor leading an investigation into the origins of the Trump-Russia probe has made “great progress.” Barr defended the prosecutor, John Durham, as having a “great reputation for non-partisanship” in an interview with Fox News.“He’s a by-the-book kind of guy. He’s thorough and fair, and I’m confident he’s going to get to the bottom of things,” Barr said of Durham, the U.S. attorney for Connecticut. Barr tapped Durham in May to lead an administrative review of U.S. agencies’ activities in the Trump-Russia probe. Little is known about the investigation, other than that Durham is looking at the activities of the FBI, CIA and foreign intelligence services related to the Trump campaign. Barr said earlier in 2019 that he believes “spying” occurred against the Trump campaign. (RELATED: FISA Abuse Report Is ‘Lengthy’ And Has ‘Few’ Redactions) Democrats have criticized the so-called “investigation of the investigators,” and accused Barr of acting as Trump’s personal lawyer. But Barr denied acting on behalf of Trump, and said Durham is “in charge of the investigation.”“I understand he is making great progress,” Barr told Fox. WATCH: Multiple news outlets reported Thursday that Durham’s inquiry shifted to a full-blown criminal… Read full this story
- William Barr says communities will not have "police protections" without respect for officers
- Report: DOJ Review of Russia Probe Origins Is Now Criminal Investigation
- The Professor At The Center Of The Trump-Russia Probe Was In Moscow Just Weeks Before Court Documents Were Unsealed
- Comey Says Strzok Damaged FBI’s Reputation, Undermined Trump-Russia Probe
- US Attorney General Disagrees With Horowitz's Key Finding on Trump-Russia Probe - Reports
- Steve Bannon 'subpoenaed as part of Robert Mueller's Trump-Russia investigation'
- Mueller reveals Trump’s attempts to choke off Russia probe
- Attorney General William Barr: Steele Dossier Is ‘Opposition Research’ with ‘Clear Mistakes’
- The Death Penalty Is Already a Farce. William Barr’s Plan Might Make It Torturous.
- Trump Campaign Finances May Be Next 'Shoe To Drop' In Russia Probe, Says Former Intel Chief Clapper
William Barr Says US Attorney Investigating Trump-Russia Probe Origins Is Making ‘Great Progress’ have 349 words, post on dailycaller.com at October 28, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.