Miami will start N’Kosi Perry at quarterback Friday night against No. 20 Virginia.
Perry is taking over for Jarren Williams, the starter for Miami’s first five games this season. Williams is dealing with what the Hurricanes (2-3, 0-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) are calling an “upper-extremity injury” believed to be his shoulder, based on the way he was favoring it on the sideline during last weekend’s loss to Virginia Tech.
Williams threw three interceptions in seven attempts in that game, the first three interceptions of his Miami career. Perry replaced him and completed 28 of 47 passes for 422 yards and four touchdowns. Perry’s yardage total tied for the 10th-best single-game performance in Miami history.
- Katy Perry’s Dark Horse copied Christian rap song, jury finds
- Katy Perry opens up on fiancé Orlando Bloom's romantic proposal
- William to train as volunteer counsellor for text crisis service
- Williams crushes Strycova to set up Wimbledon final vs Halep
- Serena Williams’ route to the Wimbledon final
- Serena Williams getting stronger with every match
- Serena Williams sends ominous warning to her Wimbledon rivals
- Serena Williams fined for damaging Wimbledon court
- 2020 Democrats start two nights of debates in Detroit
- Williams destroys Sharapova at US Open