NEW YORK (AP) – Aaron Winchester threw for one touchdown and ran for another to lead Central Connecticut past Columbia 24-14 on Saturday. Winchester had 299 yards passing and 94 yards rushing for the Blue Devils (5-1), including a 62-yard dash for a score late in the fourth quarter. Tyshaun James caught four passes for 126 yards. Winchester threw a 71-yard scoring strike to Keonte Lucas midway through the first quarter and Francis Cole added a 45-yard field goal early in the second for a 10-0 lead. Columbia’s Josh Bean threw a 29-yard touchdown pass midway through the second quarter, but the Blue Devils opened it up again on a short run by DJ Exilhomme to push it to 17-7 at halftime. There were three failed field goal attempts during the game. Cole missed from 39 yards early in the first quarter and had another try blocked late in the second. Columbia’s Alex Felkins missed from 43 yards on an attempt to even the score late in the fourth quarter. Bean finished with 146 yards and two scores passing for the Lions (1-3). Sign up for Daily Newsletters Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.
- Dedmon, Cluley lead William & Mary past Hampton, 24-14
- Ragland, Young lead Miami (Ohio) past Akron 24-14 (Nov 07, 2017)
- Henderson TDs lead Memphis past Tulane 24-14.
- John Brown’s 2 TD catches lead Cardinals past Falcons 24-14 (Aug 26, 2017)
- King accounts for 3 TDs, leads Houston past Navy, 24-14 (Nov 24, 2017)
- White’s 6 total TDs leads W. Kentucky past Charlotte 45-14 (Oct 14, 2017)
- White’s 6 total TDs leads W. Kentucky past Charlotte 45-14
- Rypien, Mattison lead Boise State past Nevada, 41-14 (Nov 04, 2017)
- Bute leads Central Connecticut past Fairleigh Dickinson by 1
- Rutherford’s career-high 19 leads UC Irvine past Chapman (Nov 14, 2017)
Winchester leads Cent. Connecticut past Columbia 24-14 have 293 words, post on www.washingtontimes.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.