HOUSTON (AP) — New York Yankees manager Aaron Boone moved his two left-handed hitters down in the lineup for AL Championship Series opener against Zack Greinke and the Houston Astros after using the same order for all three games in the AL Division Series. Gleyber Torres moved into the third spot in the Yankees lineup, and lefty Brett Gardner was sixth as the two switched spots from New York’s three-game ALDS sweep of the Minnesota Twins. The other change for Saturday night’s game was Gio Urshela moving up to bat eighth and left Didi Gregorius dropping into the ninth spot. Manager Aaron Boone said he liked that lineup against the right-handed Greinke. To keep some separation between his lefties, he dropped Gregorius in the No. 9 spot after moving Gardner from third to sixth. The Yankees had used the same batting order in three consecutive games only once during the regular season. Astros manager AJ Hinch had Kyle Tucker starting in right field and starting eighth, after the 22-year-old made only one start in their ALDS series against Tampa Bay. Josh Reddick was 1 of 10 in the ALDS. ___ More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Paulsen pours in 30, Morrow controls the paint as Curtis knocks off Battle Ground in opening round of bidistrict playoffs
- Yankees may use opener at times in 2019, manager Aaron Boone says
- Speed of Avs, Flames on display in 1st-ever playoff meeting
- Williams ready for Canes' 1st home playoff game in a decade
- Colorado Rockies 2019 season preview: Can Nolan Arenado lead a retooled lineup to another playoff appearance?
- Datsun 'redi-GO' bookings open on 1st May
- 'Everything in play': NASCAR president open to dramatic changes
- Four Inland teams selected for CIF Southern Section Open Division boys basketball playoffs
- Report: Mark Richt reportedly open to offensive changes at Miami
- Hamilton open to format change at “boring” F1 races
Yankees alter ALCS opener lineup for 1st change in playoffs have 318 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.