Rajon Rondo is getting close to stepping on the court for the Los Angeles Lakers, and word had leaked that would come Sunday night against Toronto.
Nope, Lakers fans are going to have to wait a little longer. Via Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports.
Rondo has not played for the Lakers yet this season due to a calf injury. Rondo averaged 9.2 points and 8 assists a game last season, shooting just 40 percent from the floor.
Los Angeles needs him and his playmaking skills on the court to ease some of the load on LeBron James. Right now, LeBron is the lone quality shot creator on the roster and it shows — when LeBron has been on the bench this season the Lakers have an offensive rating of 89.7 (via NBA.com), way less than a point per possession. It’s meant more on LeBron’s plate, but he has been up to the task.
- Bulls' Rajon Rondo says he won't play in Game 5 Wednesday vs. Celtics
- Celtics' Rajon Rondo denies being a dirty player - on same day he gets two-game suspension for instigating brawl with Brooklyn Nets
- Rajon Rondo returns from ACL injury but Celtics lose to Lakers, 107-104
- NBA power rankings: Rajon Rondo gets hurt and Rudy Gay gets traded so forget title hopes of Celtics and Grizzlies
- Rajon Rondo likely on the move as Boston Celtics continue to stockpile picks
- After Rajon Rondo's torn ACL, NY Knicks' Iman Shumpert feels for his Boston Celtics counterpart
- After Game 3 loss, Chicago Bulls in trouble without Rajon Rondo
- Rajon Rondo's gets a triple-double; LeBron upset with Cavs loss
- Boston Celtics, without Rajon Rondo, beat LeBron James and Miami Heat in double-overtime
- Boston Celtics feel absence of Rajon Rondo as NY Knicks have too much firepower in taking 3-0 series lead