Former pop-star Victoria Beckham knew she’d have to win over hard-to-impress fashion critics when she launched her first clothing line a decade ago, but the one-time Spice Girl said the industry was much harder to crack than she had ever imagined.Speaking in Paris on Friday at a conference organised by Vogue magazine, Beckham, whose collections have since gained critical acclaim and won fashion awards for their fluid, sharp tailoring, said she was expanding her empire with make-up and skincare ranges.“I was very aware of the preconceptions, being married to David Beckham, being a Spice Girl, all of a sudden here’s a collection, I knew that eyes would roll,” she said, adding she’d focused on “making it all about the clothes and not listening to any of that.”Beckham cited late Chanel creative chief Karl Lagerfeld and Italy’s Valentino Garavani as two designers who had helped her, but said the notoriously cutthroat industry had surprised her.Designer Victoria Beckham attends the 4th edition of the Vogue Fashion Festival in Paris, France, November 15, 2019. REUTERS/Gonzalo Fuentes ( REUTERS ) “If I’d known then what I know now, I don’t know if I’d have the courage to do it,” she… Read full this story
- Victoria Beckham will design Nicola Peltz’s wedding dress for big day to Brooklyn
- Victoria Beckham reveals fading tattoo tribute to husband David as the couple attend charity events on different continents
- Victoria Beckham reveals her Dover Street store in London is offering virtual styling appointments amid Covid-19 - so fans can shop 'wherever they are in the world'
- Victoria Beckham stuns fans in plunging gown – and you won't believe why
- Victoria Beckham looks incredible in a tiny pink silk dress as she puts on a VERY cosy display with husband David in rare snap
- Victoria Beckham celebrates the last weekend of summer as she shares sweet snap of daughter Harper, 9, gazing at the sunset
- Victoria Beckham reveals secret skill on Harper's first day back at school
- Victoria Beckham twins with Harper in Posh Spice mini dresses, and our day is made
- Victoria Beckham shows off plunging neckline dress in stunning video
- Victoria Beckham calls daughter Harper ‘baby Posh’ as star recreates iconic Spice Girls pose in sweet selfie
Designer Victoria Beckham knew fashion industry would dismiss her as a wannabe have 380 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at November 16, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.