Jose Mourinho will have to deal with the squad he has for the rest of the season, according to a report the Guardian. The report states that Tottenham isn’t making any money available for signings in January, meaning that Mourinho won’t have the chance to add to his Spurs squad. Usually, when a new coach comes in, they’re given at least a transfer window to bring in one or two players, especially mid-season, to stabilize the squad. [READ: Mourinho speaks for the first time as Spurs manager] It’s certainly an unusual move from Tottenham. It leaves Mourinho in a bad spot in terms of the five first-team players who will be out of contract in June. If any of them, including Jan Vertonghen and Christian Eriksen, leave on transfer, perhaps Tottenham can use those funds towards new signings. However, it’s more likely at this point that all five will finish the season at White Hart Lane and leave, setting up a massive summer for Mourinho. At the same time, Tottenham has shown financial austerity for the past few seasons, as it struggles to pay back the loans it took to renovate its stadium. Pochettino didn’t make a single signing for… Read full this story
- 11pm Transfer news LIVE: Barcelona want Aubameyang and Martinez, Ozil to DC United, Spurs players in Mourinho revolt
- Liverpool reject transfer approach from As Roma for attacker
- Tottenham make transfer bid for Lille starlet Soumare as they step-up chase for midfield starlet
- Man Utd trigger two-year extension in Bailly's contract
- Manchester United contact AC Milan for Krzysztof Piatek transfer: Should Solskjaer sign him?
Report: No money in January for Mourinho have 281 words, post on soccer.nbcsports.com at November 21, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.