President TrumpDonald John TrumpFive takeaways from the Democratic debate As Buttigieg rises, Biden is still the target Leading Democrats largely pull punches at debate MORE and senators from both parties are not giving up the fight over forcing drug companies to disclose list prices in TV ads.Both the White House and Congress are searching for an easy political win on drug prices, but so far have found little success.ADVERTISEMENTThe disclosure rule was one of Trump’s highest-profile initiatives and the first policy released after the administration unveiled its drug pricing “blueprint” in 2018.Under the rule, drug manufacturers would have been required to state the list price of a 30-day supply of any drug that is covered through Medicare and Medicaid and costs at least $35 a month.Experts and advocates don’t believe the rule would have been very effective at lowering drug prices. Even so, it represented one of the boldest actions the administration took in its quest to lower the cost of prescription drugs.“The disclosure of drug list prices in direct-to-consumer television ads is an appropriate step to increase price transparency for patients. We have not, however, seen any evidence that it will lower drug prices,” said Ben Wakana, executive director… Read full this story
- Trump signs bills on drug prices — live updates
- Businesses push for greener buildings despite Trump rhetoric
- Donald Trump has a baffling approach to foreign affairs – here’s how the rest of the world must adapt
- What is the Stormy Daniels Donald Trump scandal, what is her book Full Disclosure about and when was the alleged affair?
- What’s the Stormy Daniels Donald Trump scandal, when was the alleged affair and did she sign an NDA?
- Trump mocks Kavanaugh accuser days after calling her testimony 'credible'
- Swing-state town hall finds voters more consumed by health care, education than Trump impeachment probe
- Can the US President withdraw a Supreme Court nomination and who could Donald Trump select to replace Brett Kavanaugh?
- Trump defends Kavanaugh but says 'may change mind' on Supreme Court pick
- Trump says Canada "will be out" of trade deal unless it’s "fair"
Trump, senators push for drug price disclosures despite setbacks have 347 words, post on thehill.com at November 21, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.