6:16 AM GMTESPNcricinfo staffFacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintRene Farrell, the former Australia fast bowler, joined Alex Blackwell and Kristen Beams in announcing her retirement from the Women’s Big Bash League following the exits of their sides from the latest edition of the T20 tournament on Sunday.Sydney Thunder’s Blackwell, Australia’s most-capped woman cricketer, and Beams, who turned out for Melbourne Stars since the tournament took off in 2015-16, had announced their decision to finish up earlier, and Farrell joined Blackwell in a post-match guard of honour after the Thunder lost to the Melbourne Renegades in their last match of the season.Farrell, 32, made her Australia debut in an ODI against New Zealand in Darwin in July 2007 and played three Test matches, 44 ODIs and 54 T20Is over the years, her last outing in national colours coming in March 2017, again in an ODI against New Zealand, in Mount Maunganui. She finished with 114 international wickets.Though she won’t play in the WBBL again, Farrell will continue to play for New South Wales Breakers.”I still have 50-overs cricket with the NSW Breakers. Hopefully I can go out on a high there like we did for Alex’s career and winning that [after announcing her retirement from… Read full this story
- Snooki Announces Her ‘Retirement’ From
- Wallabies rugby legend David Pocock announces his retirement from the sport after battling a string of debilitating injuries
- GOP Senator Johnny Isakson Announces His Retirement
- 3-time Olympic cyclist Taylor Phinney announces his retirement
- Clinical Heat clinch second successive WBBL title
- WBBL round-up: Wellington, Devine star in Super Over victory
- Houston-area law enforcement arrest hundreds, seize weapons during 'Operation Triple Beam'
- Jack Black reveals he plans on retiring from acting after Jumanji: The Next Level... though he won't reveal what he's planning next
- ‘There is no player who can escape that’ - Yuvraj Singh’s mother opens up on cricketer’s retirement
- Obituary: Joseph G. 'Pesci' Farrell, 74, of North Haven
Rene Farrell, Kristen Beams join Alex Blackwell in announcing WBBL retirements have 326 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at December 2, 2019. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.