West Indian and Kolkata Knight Riders cricketer Andre Russell took to Instagram late on Thursday to welcome the birth of his daughter, Amaiah S Russell, with his wife Jassym Lora Russell. This child is the first for the couple who married three years ago.
Russell posted a photo of him holding the hand of the baby.
“Another #blessing welcoming Amaiah S Russell to the world! God is good all the time. Thanks god for my strong Queen @jassymloraro #daddysbabygirl,” Russell wrote.
The post so fat has received nearly 180,000 likes and over 2000 comments with former and current teammates namely, Darren Sammy, Chris Gayle, Fabian Allen whishing the power-hitter on the photo-blogging platform.
Earlier, The 31-year-old Russell had announced the news and the gender of the baby during a celebration on his Instagram page in September last year in style.
In a video posted on Instagram, Lora threw an underarm big white ball to her husband with a bat in hand and when contact was made the ball exploded into pink smoke.
“So it’s girl, another blessing in my life it didn’t matter if it was a girl or a boy, all am asking God for is a healthy baby,” wrote Russell.
- Katherine Russell, wife of Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was in the dark about plot: lawyer
- News readers pour their hearts out for Jay Snyder, Manhattan dad whose wife died after giving birth to twins
- Prospect Park Zoo announces birth of adorable twin monkeys
- Keri Russell pregnant: Actress reportedly expecting a baby with ‘Americans' co-star Matthew Rhys
- Donald Faison, wife CaCee Cobb welcome new baby boy
- Indianapolis Zoo announces birth of twin lemurs
- New research suggests putting low-birth babies on diet to prevent adult obesity
- PHOTO: 2007 Mug Shot of Katherine Russell, Wife of Boston Bombing Suspect
- Alec Balwin’s wife Hilaria Thomas announces they are expecting a girl
- Royal footman who helped announce birth of Britain’s Prince George returns to India home