Chelsea are one of the clubs that will be looking to bring in new players this January transfer window. © AFP The Premier League’s January sales are open for business as clubs rush to snap up new year bargains in the one-month transfer window. Liverpool are running away with the title race and have already signed Japanese star Takumi Minamino, so the Reds are likely to sit out the frenzy while the chasing pack try to make the additions that could help them close the gap.Here, AFP Sport looks at the key transfer issues to address for the Premier League teams hoping to hang onto Liverpool’s coat-tails:Chelsea:Chelsea boss Frank Lampard is expected to make a big splash after being unable to sign players in the summer window due to the club’s transfer ban.With that two-window suspension halved by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Lampard needs several new recruits to help accelerate the development of his promising young team.Armed with a reported 150 million-pound transfer war-chest, Lampard will look to improve at left-back, where Emerson and Marcos Alonso have been too inconsistent.The Blues have already been linked with Leicester’s Ben Chilwell to fill that role, but Lampard might not be… Read full this story
- Foreign Investment in Premiership Football Clubs
- Transfer Talk: Real Madrid playing long game with PSG's Mbappe?
- Mauricio Pochettino on quit rumours: I hope to be at Tottenham for 5 more years
- The Plight of Tottenham Hotspurs - Can They Bounce Back?
- What is Wrong With Arsenal?
- Who Are Manchester City Realistically Going to Sign?
- Can Aston Villa Break the Big Four?
- Blissful Football Gifts Bring Die-Hard Followers of the Game Closer to Favorite Teams & Players
- The Future is Here - What Are You Afraid Of? 11 Simple Steps to Release Fear and Move Forward
January Transfer Window: Premier League Clubs Set To Splash The Cash have 302 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at January 3, 2020. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.