Disney’s streaming service, Disney Plus, was one of last year’s biggest launches — one widely-followed media analyst went so far as to call it “one of the greatest product launches of all time.” Designed to take on Netflix and an emerging crop of rivals like Peacock, Apple TV Plus and HBO Max, Disney Plus is the entertainment giant’s online hub to stream almost everything it produces. That means Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, and all the family-friendly movies and animation from Disney itself, plus newly acquired favorites like The Simpsons. Disney Plus, which launched Nov. 12 and will begin rolling out in Europe and India at the end of March, has been a hit. In little more than a day after launch, Disney said the service registered more than 10 million sign-ups. In less than three months, Disney Plus has signed up 28.6 million subscribers. Disney Plus was 2019’s top trending Google search term, and The Mandalorian – its marquee original series with viral sensation Baby Yoda – has been a pop culture phenom. Disney Plus even ran a Super Bowl ad for its Marvel original shows coming this year and next. The shows star the same actors as in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies and will knit their plots closely with the films. The first… Read full this story
- Disney+ snubs fan calls for Netflix rival to launch EARLY for coronavirus self-isolation in UK
- Disney Plus will be available on Sky Q in the UK
- Disney Plus: Everything to know in the midst of coronavirus
- Disney+ slashes video quality by 25% for UK launch tomorrow as coronavirus strains Britain’s internet
- Disney Plus now streaming Frozen 2 in a coronavirus-coping surprise
- Disney Plus sign-up: all the cheapest deals for the streaming service compared
Disney Plus: Everything you need to know about Disney's Netflix rival have 283 words, post on www.cnet.com at February 5, 2020. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.