6:35 AM GMTESPNcricinfo staffFacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintAn elbow surgery has ruled Glenn Maxwell out of the upcoming ODIs and T20Is against South Africa starting February 21. Maxwell will undergo surgery to his left elbow and will be replaced by D’Arcy Short in both squads. Maxwell is expected to require six to eight weeks before he is ready to return to playing, Cricket Australia said, which means he is likely to miss the beginning of the IPL too, which is set to begin at the end of March.Maxwell told the Australian team medical staff that pain in the elbow he had been managing through the recently-concluded BBL “had increased over the weekend” and he was then reviewed by Cricket Victoria’s Dr Trefor James, Australian team doctor Richard Saw and a specialist surgeon in Melbourne, a Cricket Australia release confirmed. Scans revealed some loose fragments of bone within his elbow joint and Maxwell will undergo arthroscopic surgery this Thursday.”We are disappointed to lose Glenn this close to the tour as we were looking forward to welcoming him back to the national side in both the 20- and 50-over formats after his break during the summer,” national selector Trevor Hohns said. “Unfortunately, the pain he… Read full this story
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry share highlights of South Africa tour to Instagram including Archie's meeting with Desmond Tutu and Harry's land mine clearance
- Te'o out of South Africa tour; uncapped Woodward called up
- Denny Solomona is close to South Africa tour start, says Eddie Jones
- 'England club changes will hit Lions ahead of 2021 South Africa tour'
- Rugby and the rainbow nation: can 2023 World Cup heal South Africa's wounds?
- South Africa vs Zimbabwe 1st ODI: Preview and Predicted Playing XI
- Harry and Meghan reveal they were 'deeply touched' by the community spirit they witnessed in South Africa as they follow 17 new Instagram accounts that promote togetherness
- The perception shift that's restored Glenn Maxwell's career
- Australia vs South Africa 2018: David Miller and Faf du Plessis fire Proteas to series win
- Glenn Maxwell apologises to Sarfraz Ahmed for handshake snub
Elbow surgery rules Glenn Maxwell out of South Africa tour have 349 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.