6:35 AM GMTESPNcricinfo staffFacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintAn elbow surgery has ruled Glenn Maxwell out of the upcoming ODIs and T20Is against South Africa starting February 21. Maxwell will undergo surgery to his left elbow and will be replaced by D’Arcy Short in both squads. Maxwell is expected to require six to eight weeks before he is ready to return to playing, Cricket Australia said, which means he is likely to miss the beginning of the IPL too, which is set to begin at the end of March.Maxwell told the Australian team medical staff that pain in the elbow he had been managing through the recently-concluded BBL “had increased over the weekend” and he was then reviewed by Cricket Victoria’s Dr Trefor James, Australian team doctor Richard Saw and a specialist surgeon in Melbourne, a Cricket Australia release confirmed. Scans revealed some loose fragments of bone within his elbow joint and Maxwell will undergo arthroscopic surgery this Thursday.”We are disappointed to lose Glenn this close to the tour as we were looking forward to welcoming him back to the national side in both the 20- and 50-over formats after his break during the summer,” national selector Trevor Hohns said. “Unfortunately, the pain he… Read full this story
- Hundreds of Vietnamese football fans go to South Africa
- South Africa’s ANC sends congratulations to CPV’s 12th Congress
- Nigeria set high target in South Africa
- World Cup 2010: South Africa set for historic event
- Saigontourist takes 120 to South Africa
- Plenty to see in South Africa when soccer dream ends
- South Africa: all ready for World Cup
- China's Hu seals economic ties in South Africa
- South Africa's inequalities strain foundations of 'Rainbow Nation'
- South Africa is ready for great party of football - World Cup 2010
Elbow surgery rules Glenn Maxwell out of South Africa tour have 295 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.