Australian women’s all-rounder Ashleigh Gardner has backed her side’s top order to produce when it matters with crunch time looming in the upcoming International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s T20 World Cup. The hosts scooped a statement victory in a tri-series with India and England but didn’t have it all their own way as they prepare to defend their world title on home soil. A lean run for star wicketkeeper-batwoman Alyssa Healy – four single-digit scores her worst slump since 2013 – is a cause for concern but Gardner insisted that her side would stick to their gung-ho approach when the stakes are high. “We play an attacking brand of cricket, especially myself and Midge (Healy), and we don’t do so well when we move away from that,” the ICC press release quoted the 22-year-old as saying to media. “We know we have the backing of our staff and team-mates and when it doesn’t come off, we know to still play our natural way. Sometimes that works well and that’s when we make big scores and people have good personal success. Sometimes that works well and that’s when we make big scores and people have good personal success,” she added. “There’s a… Read full this story
- T20 World Cup 2020: ICC may postpone the tournament to 2022
- ICC board meet on May 28 could take call on Australia T20 World Cup
- Coronavirus Outbreak: ICC to Discuss Possibility of Postponing Men’s T20 World Cup to 2022
- ICC Board members may discuss shifting T20 World Cup to 2022
- Likely postponement of T20 World Cup will open door for IPL, says Mark Taylor
- Coronavirus: Gillespie hopeful over T20 World Cup, believes domestic systems can prosper
- T20 World Cup to be postponed to 2022?
- Faf Du Plessis Backs Double Quarantine To Salvage T20 World Cup
- "Difficult": BCCI Treasurer On T20 World Cup Taking Place As Scheduled
- ICC Women's World T20: Australia wallop England to emerge champions
ICC Women's T20 World Cup: Ashleigh Gardner backs Australia to stick to natural batting approach have 318 words, post on zeenews.india.com at February 14, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.