The final match of the women’s T20 world cup between India and Australia is shaping up to be a sporting event of epic scale. Pop artist Katy Perry is all set to perform there and 75,000 tickets have already been sold, which means Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), where the event will take place on Sunday, will be filled with enthusiastic fans. Bharat Army, the globetrotting fan group of Indian men’s cricket team are already there to cheer for our desi batswomen. Meanwhile, Australian fast bowler, Mitchell Starc, has dropped out of the final of one-day international cricket against South Africa to watch his wife, the Aussie cricketer, Alyssa Healy, take on the Indian team. It is needless to say that Sunday’s final match is a definitive moment not just in the history of cricket, but also in women’s sports. However, for women of the Indian cricket team, this moment also comes laden with the responsibility to prove their worth to the viewers back home. “When we played in 2017, the audience wasn’t expecting anything from us. But this year the public is obviously hoping that the women’s team will bring the trophy home,” points out senior cricketer, Punam Raut. Raut… Read full this story
- Forgotten heroes – the true story of India
- Why Pakistan and India remain in denial 70 years on from partition
- Final Fantasy is 30, so let’s rank the 10 best games in the series
- Total War: Warhammer Review – Warhammer Has Finally Found its Match
- Partition, 70 years on: Salman Rushdie, Kamila Shamsie and other writers reflect
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - The Pinnacle of Digital Football?
- The history of the first person shooter
- Meet the Brits who promised the world a $25 PC, and delivered a revolution
- Saturday Crapshoot: Leisure Suit Larry 2
- Africa can feed itself in a generation: Study
Franchising IPL, Reducing Pay Gap: India's Win at T20 WC Finale Can be A Watershed Moment for Women's Cricket have 297 words, post on www.news18.com at March 8, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.