6:51 AM GMTESPNcricinfo staffFacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintKusal Perera will not be in contention for a place in the Sri Lanka squad for their first Test against England, starting March 19, after picking up an injury to the middle finger of his right hand during the second T20I against West Indies on Friday. Wanindu Hasaranga will also be out of action “for several weeks” after injuring his left hamstring while fielding in the same match.An SLC statement said that Perera “is expected to be fit in two weeks”, meaning that he should be in the fray for the second and final Test, starting March 27, while a more concrete update on Hasaranga should be available in a couple of days when the report of his MRI scan is available with the board.Hasaranga has never played Test cricket, but is one of Sri Lanka’s most exciting young talents, and played strong hands with ball and bat during the recent limited-overs series against West Indies at home.Perera, meanwhile, would have hoped to return to the Test squad after being left out for the tour of Zimbabwe earlier this year. That completed a strange year for Perera in the format, after he had played one of… Read full this story
- Vikings-Jets injury reports: Dalvin Cook again sidelined at practice Thursday
- Even watching from the sidelines, this UK basketball newcomer has a lot to offer
- Christion Abercrombie of Tennessee State in criticial condition after suffering head injury
- Is 49ers Kyle Shanahan done with injury-prone Jimmie Ward?
- Jared Goff and Rams offense outlast Chargers in injury-filled Fight for L.A.
- Fantasy Football: Week 5 Injury Update, Top Waiver Wire Pickups
- No. 6 Tupelo turns to third-string quarterback Jake Weir as injuries mount
- Boston Bruins injuries: Torey Krug (ankle) to miss at least 3 weeks, Patrice Bergeron likely ready for season opener
- Fantasy Football: Week 4 Injury Update, Top Waiver Wire Pickups
- High School Football Player Dies After Suffering Injury During Game
Injuries put Kusal Perera and Wanindu Hasaranga on the sidelines have 314 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at March 8, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.