India will look to clinch their maiden trophy at the International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s T20 World Cup when they square off with defending champion and four-time winner Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) on Sunday. On Thursday, the Harmanpreet Kaur-led side made it to the summit showdown of the prestigious tournament for the very first time after their semi-final clash against England was washed out without a ball bowled at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) on Thursday. The Women in Blue progressed after they made a top-place finish in Group A after winning all the four clashes against Australia, Bangladesh, New Zealand and Sri Lanka. Australia, on the other hand, booked their place in the final for the sixth time in a row after clinching a narrow five-run win over South Africa via Duckworth-Lewis Method in the second semi-final clash in Sydney on Thursday. The hosts made a second-place finish behind India in Group A, having sealed back-to-back victories over Bangladesh, New Zealand and Sri Lanka following their 17-run defeat against the Women in Blue in the tournament opener on February 20. India will now look for their first title at the ICC event, while hosts Australia will… Read full this story
- T20 World Cup 2020 postponed: ICC unveils windows, announces dates of Final for next three World Cups
- India vs Australia: Bowlers hold key against India but Lee wonders how much will saliva-less kookaburra swing
- ICC postpones T20 World Cup, decks cleared for IPL 2020
- T20 World Cup: The postponement of the ICC tournament was inevitable: Cricket Australia
- 'We did it': Joy and relief as Australia and New Zealand celebrate Women's World Cup bid success
- If Australia hosts postponed T20 World Cup in 2021, tickets already bought will remain valid: ICC
- India vs Australia, 5th ODI: Preview, where to watch, timing, probable xi
- 'Decision on 2021 Women's World Cup will be taken in the next fortnight'
- ICC ODI World Cup in India Shifted to October-November 2023
- India vs Australia: Matthew Wade decides not to sledge "clever" Virat Kohli
Women's T20 World Cup Final, India vs Australia: Melbourne weather, MCG pitch report have 329 words, post on zeenews.india.com at March 7, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.