Oregon's Justin Herbert becomes the third quarterback taken in just six picks in the 2020 NFL Draft , going to the Los Angeles Chargers with the No. 6 pick. The Chargers, like a few other teams, are looking for a franchise QB and are hoping that Herbert will fit the bill. LA hasn't had a new starter at QB since 2006, making Hebert an exciting rookie to watch with his size, arm talent, and ability to scramble, LA traded up with the Patriots for the 23rd overall pick and grabbed linebacker Kenneth Murray, who should fit nicely in the Chargers' zone defense. Later on in the draft, they added another defensive piece in safety Alohi Gilman, who was a highly productive player for Notre Dame, posting the record for tackles in a game (19) and notching 74 tackles in three seasons. Armed with a new quarterback, the Chargers made sure to provide him with some new offensive weapons, drafting receivers Joe Reed and K.J. Hill and running back Joshua Kelley. Reed is versatile and a threat in the red zone, Hill's skillset pegs him as a slot receiver and while Kelley needs to work on his aggression on the field,… Read full this story
- Avalanche lands three draft picks on Team Canada’s World Junior roster
- NFL Predictions Week 16: Shaun Gayle takes on Sky Sports Golf's Rob Lee and cricketer Ollie Robinson
- Los Angeles Kings 2020-21 NHL season preview
- NFL Players, Fans Remember Hall of Fame Lineman Kevin Greene, Dead at 58
- Top Philadelphia Sports Stories From 2020
- As Jets May Miss Out on Trevor Lawrence Does Drafting a QB With the No.1 Pick Really Work?
- Current NFL Draft Order 2021: Updated Standings After Week 14
- Austin Ekeler exclusive: Rising with the Chargers, Anthony Lynn pressure & Justin Herbert’s growth
- New England Patriots miss out on playoffs for first time since 2008, while New York Jets stun Los Angeles Rams
- Neil Reynolds faces World Darts champion Peter Wright in Week 15 of NFL Predictions
Chargers draft picks 2020: All of Los Angeles’ selections, full NFL Draft results, team order have 325 words, post on sports.nbcsports.com at April 26, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.