The Wildcats fall out of the top 10 after losing their top six players by Gary Parrish @GaryParrishCBS Apr 15, 2020 at 5:53 pm ET • 10 min read Kentucky has lost a player to the NBA Draft for the third consecutive day. On Monday, it was Immanuel Quickley. On Tuesday, it was Nick Richards. On Wednesday, it was EJ Montgomery. So now the Wildcats are guaranteed to be without the top six scorers from this past season’s team that won the SEC by multiple games. Literally the only player set to return is Keion Brooks, who averaged 4.5 points in 15.1 minutes per game. Obviously, this is not ideal. But it should be noted that this isn’t really unfamiliar territory for John Calipari. He’s actually lost his top six scorers from a team three previous times — in 2012, 2015 and 2017. Here’s how Kentucky did in the subsequent seasons to those seasons: 2013: 21-12 (55th at KenPom) 2016: 27-9 (6th at KenPom) 2018: 26-11 (17th at KenPom) The 2013 team is the team the team that spiraled after Nerlens Noel tore his ACL and landed in the NIT. But, remember, those Wildcats were 17-6 and 18th at KenPom… Read full this story
- Only 15 Of 130 FBS Teams Will Not Play An FCS Team During 2021 College Football Season
- The Pandemic Hit the Working Class Hard. The Colleges That Serve Them Are Hurting, Too.
- Canada can’t overcome poor shooting in 72-68 women’s basketball loss to Serbia
- Before Surfside, Miami safety board sided with building owners more than inspectors
- Five things about Nigeria: The superpower with no power
- These athletes are making history in Tokyo with record firsts for Team USA
- From UFO towers to tsunami clocks, every U.S. state's most unique roadside attraction
- Cinema Is Finally Embracing Queer Coming-of-Age Stories
- Pompeo Upended Middle East by Pushing Trump to Kill Iranian General
- How Will the Southern Baptists Reckon With the Sin of Racism?
College basketball rankings: Kentucky keeps falling in the Top 25 And 1 after EJ Montgomery leaves early have 304 words, post on www.cbssports.com at April 15, 2020. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.