5:58 AM GMTESPNcricinfo stats teamFacebookTwitterFacebook MessengerPinterestEmailprintIn the second article in a new series where we use Smart Stats to analyse various aspects of cricket, we look at the most economical bowler in T20 cricket since January 2019. Smart Stats is a part of Superstats, a new set of metrics by ESPNcricinfo to tell more enriching and insightful numbers-based stories. To know more about Superstats, click here.Traditional cricketing statistics sometimes do not reveal the actual impact of a bower. ESPNcricinfo’s Smart Stats takes into account the context of players’ performances and shows just how exceptional certain bowlers were when compared to others.Let us first look at the top five most economical bowlers in terms of conventional economy rates, taking a minimum of 15 innings for bowlers since January 2019. Ravindra Jadeja tops the charts with an economy rate of 6.35. Jasprit Bumrah is the lone fast bowler in the list, conceding 6.63 runs per over. Shoaib Malik is third-best conceding 6.72 runs per over and Imran Tahir and Australia’s Chris Green complete the top five.Although these are excellent numbers when seen in isolation, game context throws up a different narrative. Malik, Jadeja and Tahir have bowled 80%, 78% and 68% of… Read full this story
- 2018 has been the year of T20 for Pakistan – but that’s about it
- Starc pulls out of Sri Lanka T20 for brother's wedding
- Too many options, not enough slots: Which great bowler will make it to the 2019 World Cup squad?
- Roger Goodell Lays Wreath At National Football League Cemetery In Super Bowl Tradition
- Major League Baseball Discusses Major Rule Changes To Make Game More Appealing
- Urban League: DC Is Best City for Black Firms
- Boris Johnson says build new airport or face economic stagnation
- Urban League: Empowered Enough?
- Hi-Rez Expo: Esports adds college varsity national championships and high school leagues
- Urban League Calls for $168B in Job Spending
Who are the most economical bowlers in T20 leagues? have 312 words, post on www.espncricinfo.com at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.