EVEREST PREMIER LEAGUE by Bertus de Jong • Published on ShareTweet Everest Premier League was scheduled to begin on March 14 © Cricbuzz The 2020 edition of Nepal’s Everest Premier League, which was scheduled to begin in nine days time, has been indefinitely postponed owing to concerns over the ongoing Coronavirus epidemic. The franchise competition, which was to feature high-profile overseas signings such as Chris Gayle, Upul Tharanga, Corey Anderson and Kevin O’Brien, becomes the latest event to be affected as health authorities warn against staging mass gatherings. The decision to postpone the event was taken following consultations with the Nepal Ministry of Home Affairs, the Cricket Association of Nepal, franchisees, players and other stakeholders – the organisers said in a statement released today (March 5th). The intention remains to reschedule the event as soon as possible, though it is unclear how soon that may be. “We are naturally all sad at today’s announcement… but simply we have to put the health and well-being of all Nepalis and our overseas players before everything else.” EPL founder and Managing Director Aamir Akhtar said in a statement. “There is no doubt that this year’s edition of the TVL Everest Premier League was… Read full this story
- A more global Premier League has ‘weakened’ England’s national soccer team
- Premier League comes to NBC as Manchester United looks to keep dominating
- After World Cup head bangings, Premier League makes sense on concussions
- Break up Chelsea! After great Premier League start, is everyone else playing for second?
- NYCFC's Frank Lampard talks Premier League with Daily News
- English Premier League completes three-year domestic TV deal worth more than $8 billion
- Manchester City wins English Premier League title for first time in 44 years with 3-2 victory over Queens Park Rangers
- Premier League preview: A breakdown of the upcoming season
- Chelsea, Manchester City embarrassed in FA Cup ahead of Premier League clash
- Premier League preview: Team-by-team breakdown of the upcoming season
2020 Everest Premier League postponed amidst COVID-19 concerns have 326 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at May 5, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.