A statement from Liga MX detailed that the unnamed players, who were tested this week, are all asymptomatic. “These players will be constantly observed while maintaining the protocols established by the Federal Government Health Secretariat,” the statement read. “The Liga MX will constantly monitor the health of the Club Santos players, as well as all the footballers of the Liga MX and the Liga MX Women, always taking into account the recommendations of the health authorities, adopted by the medical areas of each institution.” Liga MX has been suspended since March 15 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with no plans in place at this stage for how and when the competition will restart. A report by ESPN this week suggested a growing number of clubs were open to cancelling the Clausura season and resuming with the Apertura in July, although CD Guadalajara have put together a proposal for finishing the campaign – as per El Universal – that features the option of playing regular season games in a single city if necessary. “This goes beyond us, the talks we have had with clubs were about how we can return as soon as possible,” Santos owner Alejandro Irarragorri told TUDN. “This… Read full this story
- NFL: New Jersey Lab Finds Positive COVID-19 Tests From Several Teams
- NFL Positive COVID-19 Tests From New Jersey Lab Could Be False
- NFL Positive COVID-19 Tests from NJ Lab Could Be False
- NFL Has 77 Apparently False Positive COVID-19 Tests from Lab
- NYC health officials urge residents to get tested for COVID-19 ONCE A MONTH as schools and businesses reopen - but doctors say results already take 14 days and tests should be saved for those who 'need it most'
- Coronavirus | Madhya Pradesh Health Minister Prabhuram Choudhary tests positive
- Biden, Harris to be regularly tested for COVID-19
- NFL: Several teams cancel training after positive COVID-19 tests
- Marseille confirm trio of positive COVID-19 tests three days before Ligue 1 starts
- Doubles player Sikki Reddy, physiotherapist Kiran George test positive for COVID-19
Coronavirus: Eight players from Liga MX club Santos Laguna test positive for COVID-19 have 320 words, post on www.mykhel.com at May 21, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.