The IPL is a tournament with global appeal and it does not make sense to host it without foreign stars, says Kings XI Punjab co-owner Ness Wadia, who also feels that it’s too early for the BCCI to decide on the fate of the T20 league, given the unpredictability caused by COVID-19 pandemic. The BCCI is looking at the September-October window for hosting the IPL, which has been postponed indefinitely due to the pandemic. The possibility of conducting the League increases significantly if the T20 World Cup doesn’t go ahead as scheduled in October-November in Australia. Franchisees have expressed mixed opinions on how they would want the cash-rich event to be organised this year with Rajasthan Royals proposing an IPL of only Indian players, considering the travel restrictions in place. Three-time champions Chennai Super Kings have already rejected Royals’ idea and now Kings XI Punjab too have echoed the same sentiment. “IPL is an international tournament made by Indians. It is the premier cricketing event in the world, therefore it needs an international platform and international stars,” Wadia told PTI. “But it remains to be seen which of the foreign players are allowed to travel at that time (considering the… Read full this story
- Foreign stars remain out of reach for show organizers
- 'So what's it going to take to make this happen?' How Grace Millane's Tinder date killer bombarded the hesitant British backpacker with string of messages to persuade her to come out with him - before murdering her during sex
- Everything Happening at Star Wars Celebration 2016
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Lawyer Jacob Bloom Retiring As $50M Battle With ‘Pirates’ Star Fights Over Trial Date; Partner Alan Hergott Also Stepping Down
- How the magic happens! Instagram star posts behind-the-scenes videos of every single picture she posts to reveal the VERY unglamorous positions she puts herself in to nail the perfect shot
- Star India's Indian Premier League Bid: Six or Stumped?
- MS Dhoni could make a comeback before IPL 2020 - Report
- MS Dhoni wants Chennai Super Kings to release him from squad after IPL 2020, here's why
- MS Dhoni asked Chennai Super Kings to not retain in the squad after IPL 2020, here's why
- MS Dhoni asked Chennai Super Kings to not retain him after IPL 2020, here's why
IPL Can't Happen Without Foreign Stars, Too Early For BCCI to Finalise Dates: Ness Wadia have 383 words, post on www.cricketcountry.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.